Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    4 January 2006
    Out with Xmas, Eid is on the way.

    The Christmas and New Year celebrations are finally over. So here is what I got (and got to do) over the holiday season:

    1. QBBF (Qatar British Business Forum) Christmas Ball in Ramada. It was really nice! Ours was the noisiest table, as we came prepared with all the party gadgets and a singing Santa doll that played Jingle Bells rather badly. It was fun! Food was OK as well, wine was… well, aplenty. There was a draw but although I got a number 69 ticket, unfortunately I didn’t win anything!
    2. Christmas Eve at home with A. Great BBQ. Lots of phone calls to family and friends. Lots of washing up as well (thanks goodness for dishwashers and cleaning boys!)
    3. Christmas day! Spent it at S&H’s place, H made her signature turkey which she didn’t touch as she’s a vegetarian/seafoodarian. Turkey was really nice. Spent a whole day with these guys, drank a whole monthly licence’s worth of bubbly and had tons of fun opening presents. So those of you who know what was on my Christmas Wish List, here is the lowdown: I didn’t get ANYTHING from the list! And the iPod whatsit thingy I bought myself few days later. But what I did get wasn’t bad at all. My favourite has to be a pair of socks that came with a Chihuahua key ring!
    4. Pre- New Years BBQ at our place with S&H and a certain feisty female who had her eyes for A only and was rolling on the carpet in front of him most of the time. Food – fish and veg. Wine – whatever was left in the bar by the end of the month (not much). S&H were terribly late, and we were terribly hungry! But it was all good, and we had great fun till well past midnight.
    5. New Year’s Eve party at Intercontinental, Za Moda. Same people plus another 2, so we were 6 altogether. It’s a fancy shmancy Italian restaurant with excellent food at ridiculous prices. We weren’t disappointed, neither in food nor in prices. Guys got to wear party hats and ladies - interesting feather arrangements. Adult atmosphere with nice classic dancing tunes and we even danced a little. Loved it.
    6. New Year’s day spent home with A, slumbering and recovering. And then hit the malls in the afternoon. What I love about Qatar is that everything stays open whatever the occasion. And holidays are usually the cause for the shops to extend their working hours.
    7. And oh, if you don’t hear from me anymore, that is because my boss is going to kill me when he gets back from his Xmas break in the UK and asks me how much work I actually managed to do in these 2 weeks! Happy New Year, one and all!

    And that was it. I saw the announcement in the paper today that Eid al Adha holidays start from the 8th of January. So hopefully the traffic will ease down a little bit.

    =^..^=

    posted by Bravecat @ 1:41 pm  
    9 Comments:
    • At 04/01/2006, 14:14, Blogger Once the Conman said…

      Happy new year cat. :)

       
    • At 04/01/2006, 14:16, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Thanks, Happy New Year to you too, Conman :^)

       
    • At 04/01/2006, 16:32, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Finally an update ... thought you had run off with Mr Claus.

      A New Year with a new monthly licence ...?

      What's up with that? Can you only buy X amount of alkehal per month in Qatar?

       
    • At 05/01/2006, 07:05, Blogger Rockin' Hejabi said…

      Hi Cat, glad you're posting again.

      I was wondering how you got involved with Al Shahania? I am a horse freak and would like to get involved with the distance stuff. Any advice you could give is much appreciated!

       
    • At 05/01/2006, 12:46, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Jack,

      Yes, we need a licence to buy booze in Qatar :^) We can only buy up to certain limit, which is generally more than enough.

      Hejabi,

      Glad to see you here again! Happy New Year! I think I've been posting all along, though :^)
      My friend works in Shahania farm, and that's how I got to go there. If you want to get involved with horses the best place to start is Qatar Equestrian Club. When you say you want to be involved in marathon, what exactly would you want to do?

      =^..^=

       
    • At 05/01/2006, 19:57, Blogger Sever said…

      Oh, I`m glad that you are alive after all these parties ;-)

      Did you dance much?
      I want to dance, want to dance...
      "A seichas mi hotim tancevat`" Remember? ;-)

      Be fine, Qatar Cat... our Christmas is just going to come :)

       
    • At 07/01/2006, 11:59, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Sever,

      Believe me, I am glad myself! :^)
      My Christmas is on the 25th of December, so it's over. I think yours must be today though, so Merry Xmas to you and yours!

      "And now we want to dance"? I don't know where this is from...

      Have a great holiday season, Sever, stay out of the cold!

      =^..^=

       
    • At 07/01/2006, 16:22, Blogger U.E. said…

      Lovely update. Clearly missing ALOT. Will have to clarify soon. Ciao for now. Hugs!

       
    • At 07/01/2006, 23:33, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Yeah you've got a whole lot of CLARIFYING to do, Entity! Enjoy London and the shows! :^)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives