Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    14 September 2007
    Ramadan, day 1 (yesterday)
    This is what happens to me when I don't have access to coffee in the morning:


    QC
    : Good morning, Mr. VIPA (Very Important Pompous Arse)

    VIPA: Good morning QC, so and so told me that you speak Greek?

    QC: Sometimes

    VIPA: I know two words in Greek!

    QC: Ugh?

    VIPA: Christos Anesti! (Greek Easter greeting, translates as Christ arose from the dead)

    QC: Thanks, you too

    VIPA: I thought it meant Happy Easter?

    QC: Yes. Ramadan Kareem, Mr. VIPA

    VIPA: I am Greek Orthodox

    QC: Oh, sorry, Merry Christmas

    VIPA: You too (backing away while keeping his eyes on me)
    posted by Bravecat @ 10:37 am  
    15 Comments:
    • At 14/09/2007, 23:25, Blogger Panis said…

      how do you know Greek????
      parents or just know these words?

       
    • At 14/09/2007, 23:31, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Yeah I know... a few words.

      ;-)

       
    • At 14/09/2007, 23:38, Blogger Panis said…

      do u leave in cyprus?

       
    • At 14/09/2007, 23:41, Blogger Bravecat said…

      I live in Dubai now, Paniko. But my home is in Cyprus, yes.

       
    • At 14/09/2007, 23:50, Blogger Panis said…

      oh... LooL

      Now I understand..

       
    • At 15/09/2007, 08:31, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      My favourite words are "thelona sefiliso" and I use them as often as i can!

      Cyprus is beautiful.

       
    • At 15/09/2007, 09:47, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Navcity,

      Haha it's thelo na se filiso (close enough), and do you just use the words often or do you actually get to do what you say you want to do? :P :P

       
    • At 15/09/2007, 14:10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      A gentlemen never reveals such things ;-)

      so you're cypriot right?

       
    • At 15/09/2007, 16:11, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Navcity,

      And it matters because... ??

       
    • At 15/09/2007, 23:08, Blogger Mattâ„¢ said…

      Hehe, good laugh.

      I had to explain what Ramadan is to Cody, but he also had a good laugh about it. Learn to make coffee at home ! hehe.

       
    • At 15/09/2007, 23:40, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Mattie,

      Cody doesn't know what Ramadan is?? You should send him over here for a crash course, we'll show him what it is all about :P

      And I DO know how to make coffee at home, I was in a hurry that day and didn't have time to make me some. Hey, look who's talking? At least I didn't catch the wrong bus! :P

       
    • At 16/09/2007, 07:04, Blogger Mattâ„¢ said…

      Check.. and mate there !

      Hehe, but if we had had our morning cafe we wouldn't have these awesome stories to share !

       
    • At 18/09/2007, 12:25, Blogger Sue said…

      Heeeey cat!!! ramdhaaan kaareeeem.... dont forget to work that coffeee machine before leaving home ;)

       
    • At 20/09/2007, 09:40, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Sue,

      Thanks girl! Trying not to :P

       
    • At 08/09/2008, 13:32, Blogger 3anooda said…

      they got that from the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives