Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    8 January 2006
    Counting the chickens
    The 2005 is over, and I already miss it. It was a good year. I don’t think 2006 can quite match it; in fact I am sure it can’t. It will be very different, but whether better or worse, the time will show.

    I’ve started making plans for the future again in 2006, after taking a year off and putting my life temporarily on hold. The future looks reasonably bright from where I’m standing. I just have to stay true to myself and make the right choices. I am very happy with all the choices I made last year. I wouldn’t want to change a thing.

    I travelled a lot last year. I went to Oman for the first time. I went to Bahrain and UAE, again. I finally visited Moscow. I had a great time in London. I flew back home a fair few times. I really enjoyed it.

    I started blogging again in 2005. I used to have this pretty little website thanks to my long lost friend Petra, who created and designed it for me, but then the provider started charging for hosting websites and I didn’t want to pay for something that had been free to begin with, and so my page was taken off the web. Ironically, shortly after that my friendship with Petra also faded away.

    Last year I finally got my Masters degree. I can say now that I had a good time studying again, and I am glad that it’s over and done with.

    I had a nasty operation last year, but thanks to the operation I feel so much better now.

    I started horseback riding again (which was cut short by the operation, but hopefully I will be able to continue soon).

    I went through heaven and hell emotionally in 2005, something I didn’t expect given the circumstances, and something I learned a lot from.

    I turned 30 last year and realized that I don’t want to have kids. I used to brush these thoughts aside when I was younger, but now I can say it with all certainty. Whether I will change my mind and finally go for it - remains to be seen. But not now, not anytime soon, not in the foreseeable future… Probably never.

    I started smoking socially again. Nothing potentially life threatening, and I don’t buy my own smokes, but I do indulge every now and then.

    I got 1 Xmas present/card less than I expected. No biggie, and it’s nothing that I would lose my sleep over, and it really doesn’t matter anyway, but I was a bit sad. Yes, I am spoiled. And yes, I will stop mentioning it from now on. That’s it. Done. Over with. Finito. Never again. I move on.

    What was the best thing that happened to you in 2005?

    =^..^=
    posted by Bravecat @ 12:51 pm  
    10 Comments:
    • At 08/01/2006, 20:04, Blogger ghoweljlsfqwef said…

      If I read everything you just wrote, will you put up pictures of your body as promised?

       
    • At 08/01/2006, 22:05, Blogger Sever said…

      Mmm... so hard to say :-/

      Ok, the best thing I was waiting for did not happen... so now I`m upset & afraid that this year is going to joke with me again.

      Ehhh :(

      I went to Moscow too to my best friend... & she came to me less than 2 momths ago... It`s a good thing which happened to me. Because I told her all the truth I could not tell before...

      What is your native city by the way?

      P.S. you really really don`t want to have children? What are the reasons, milaya Cat?

       
    • At 09/01/2006, 09:25, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Dot,

      LOL! Could you please direct me to the place where I promised to put up the pictures of the rest of my body?? :^)

      Sever,

      Do you like Moscow? I didn't, really. Glad to know you caught up with a friend. I move around so much that I usually lose good friends along the way, and it always hurts.

      Tanta,

      Thanks for sharing! I am always on the verge of "broke", so it's great to know there is an awakening at the end of the tunnel... :^) And yeah now that I read my post again, I can't believe I bared so much! But the deed is done! =^..^=

       
    • At 09/01/2006, 14:40, Blogger Once the Conman said…

      Qatar - that was the best thing that happened to me in 2005.
      Anyway... why would you not wanna have a kid(s).
      It's beautiful to bring up a life, make a human being exactly like you want him/her to be.

       
    • At 09/01/2006, 15:49, Blogger Sever said…

      "To move around so much" is not a reason for losing friends... Especially 1-2, who are best...

      We live in different cities all the time, but it changes nothing. I even like it ;-)
      And 1 our friend has just come from Saint-Petersburg... 2 last days were busy with a lot of talks & cafeS :)

      Also... I don`t like Moscow too... it`s just good to visit it sometimes.

      Good luck, Cat!

       
    • At 09/01/2006, 17:33, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Conman... my (private, in this case, sorry) reasons for not having kids aside, do you really mean that we came out exactly as our parents had intended?? LOL! No, honestly, I actually took my time to laugh out loud! I am SO going to ask my parents about it! And then I'll get back to you :^)

      On another note, Qatar happened to me in 2002.. and it was the best thing that happened to me that year. And it keeps happening. I love Qatar.

      Sever... move around as much and for as long as I do, and we'll talk again :^)

       
    • At 10/01/2006, 13:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      :)

      hmm Having someone love me unconditionlly has to be best thing to happen in 2005. Remember U & Mister are commin if & when I get Married....


      J

       
    • At 10/01/2006, 13:13, Blogger Bravecat said…

      J,

      Someone's unconditional love is the best thing to happen to anyone, and I am happy for you! :^)

      Send the invite and we'll be there!

       
    • At 11/01/2006, 17:22, Blogger Unknown said…

      Seeing the blue positive line on the wee stick :) hehehe

       
    • At 11/01/2006, 19:18, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Lol Warda, even though it kinda interrupted your "two years" run? And by the way, was the line blue or pink? You haven't told us yet! And I just can't be patient anymore!!

      Or maybe it was tabby? Hehehehe

      =^..^=

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives