Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    27 March 2006
    Morning coffee
    Every time I open a paper or read the news online or watch telly - I am bombarded with things I don't know how to react to anymore. Our local English daily, Gulf Times, is a trustworthy source for obtaining all sorts of news. Today I was treated with a display of Israeli wisdom:

    "In a tough break for children of Orthodox Jewish families, a former grand rabbi of Israel has urged parents to maim their dolls to avoid idolatry. Mordechai Eliyahu called for an arm or a leg of a doll to be dismembered. In the case of a teddy bear or other stuffed animals, the children will see their beloved toys lose an ear or an eye instead".


    I only hope that parents, no matter how orthodox, will spare their children a trauma of having to witness this!


    Oh well, I guess I should stop reading news and writing about all this stuff as some of my readers have pointed out. Apparently, although my posts that deal with politics and religion generate most comments, my friends would much rather read about me than world news. I will do my best! :^)


    There are a few things I want to write about and I somehow just can't get to it. Of course there is plenty of tennis stuff... hehe, just kidding! For now, I will let you have a sneak peek at what I am hoping to drive by the end of the year:


    posted by Bravecat @ 9:55 am  
    6 Comments:
    • At 27/03/2006, 21:12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Cool ... tinted windows with luggage rack. Good to go! ;)

       
    • At 27/03/2006, 22:02, Blogger Bravecat said…

      LOL and a dress...

       
    • At 28/03/2006, 03:15, Blogger Lost in trance... said…

      catmobile! woah!

       
    • At 28/03/2006, 12:09, Blogger ahmed said…

      as you know,,we are banned to see pictures here in Saudi! tell us which car is it!!!

       
    • At 28/03/2006, 13:03, Blogger Bandarof said…

      HAHAHAHAAA Tinted windows with luguage rack!!! Is it true that people in Saudi can't even view pictures on the blog??

       
    • At 28/03/2006, 23:31, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Lost & Found,

      Heard about your car troubles... Hope you managed to sort everything out!

      Ahmed,

      Tsk tsk... Images banned in Saudi?? OK, for the unlucky ones with banned images - click HERE

      Leon,

      Thanks and welcome to Life in Qatar.

      Bazza,

      I think we are not allowed to discuss anything that has "people can't" and "in Saudi" in one sentence. Duhh...

      Kaza,

      Stalker!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives