Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    29 October 2006
    Original Sin


    Yesterday I watched this movie for the gazillionth time. If you haven't seen it yet - do it. There is something in it for everyone. Suspence, mystery, passion, beauty, crime, love, murder, betrayal, devotion, you name it... My favourite quotes (courtesy of IMDb) :

    Luis: Whore! Liar! Thief! Don't you see? Don't you see that I cannot breathe without you? I cannot live without you? Don't you see that? Don't you see how much I love you?

    Luis: And perhaps later on I will tell you the story of how we came to be here. It is an interesting tale. Some of it is even true. But for now, I can say that from the moment I saw her, I loved her. And no matter the price, you cannot walk away from love.

    Julia: No this is not a love story, but it is a story about love. About those who give in into it, and the price they pay. And those who run away from it, because they are afraid, or because they do not believe they're worthy of it. She ran away. He gave in.


    posted by Bravecat @ 9:53 am  
    13 Comments:
    • At 29/10/2006, 13:50, Blogger Mise said…

      It's a great movie all right, but everytime I've watched it,it's filled me with regret ...so I avoid it now!

       
    • At 29/10/2006, 15:47, Blogger AbbieIsOnFire said…

      Hot cover.

       
    • At 31/10/2006, 10:18, Blogger confused arab chick said…

      I too love that movie.

      Here's an interesting "only would happen to CAC in Doha story":

      I went to see it in the cinema.. but it was so censored, that none of us could actually follow the film (this was in the good old days where the censored so much as the IDEA of a kiss).

      So, several months later, my father is in Dubai airport and asks me if I want him to pick up any DVDs. I tell him to get Original Sin.

      He gets home, we settle infront of the TV.. and well.. yeah. It wasn't comfertable. I wasn't young enough for him to make me get up.. and I felt awkward leaving the room.. but.. it wasn't exactly UN-awkard in that living room!

      ... i don't think I've watched anything with him since.

       
    • At 31/10/2006, 19:51, Blogger Latingirl said…

      Good movie, i am not Antonio's fan but some scenes make me stop breathing.

       
    • At 01/11/2006, 10:11, Blogger confused arab chick said…

      Right!
      That man has an ass I'd like to.. ehm.

       
    • At 01/11/2006, 10:40, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Mise,

      Regret that your name isn't Antonio? :P

      Peng,

      Hot movie.

      Midge,

      No other kind of love makes sense.

      Chica,

      LOL, it happened to me too! Watched it first in Bahrain (all cut up), and then bought the DVD and invited parents over for a nice romantic movie... Duhh. My dad actually excused himself and left, but after that mom and I had a good laugh!

      Latingirl,

      I am a HUGE Antonio fan. Not of "those" scenes, but the scenes where he's acting it up all macho. Riding, smoking a cigar, boxing.. *drools*

      Chica,

      Do elaborate :P :P

       
    • At 01/11/2006, 13:34, Blogger clayfuture said…

      Angelina... hmmmm.....

       
    • At 01/11/2006, 14:24, Blogger Mise said…

      lol :D

       
    • At 01/11/2006, 19:23, Blogger Aisha said…

      hey,
      i was interested in your blog coz you like anne rice AND harry potter - that's so me! :p
      i didn't like original sin, even though its got 2 amazing actors.. i found it way too depressing and... i don't know kind of boring coz it was soo long.

       
    • At 03/11/2006, 12:58, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Clayfuture,

      Antonio... yummmmmmm......

      Mise,

      So is it a yes or a no? :P :P

      Palo-girl,

      Welcome to Life in Qatar :^) I adore Rice and Potter, as for Original Sin - give it 5 more years, and watch it again. See if anything changes :^)

       
    • At 05/11/2006, 04:39, Blogger Sue said…

      ive never watched this movie, hmmmm, i might get it out today!!

       
    • At 05/11/2006, 10:25, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Mimi,

      Haha no actually it's not for me, but I know what you mean :P :P

      Sue,

      Everyone should watch it. It rocks.

       
    • At 26/12/2006, 13:04, Blogger alma wad said…

      good movie ? this one ? i saw it some years ago - and i felt sorry for the money for the time ...
      terribly badly made film . the scenes of bed are vulgar - and do not evoke the real passion in me ...
      the atmoshphere in the film is so badly made - i could hardly imagine myself into the age where the story took place ....
      if you want to see a really badly made film - then see it .

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives