Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    16 November 2007
    Cat in the Gulf
    I am still here, I just don't feel like blogging. I dunno for how long, and you can't say you didn't see it coming as I did quit blogging for a while a few times recently. There are many reasons for this, one of them is me being so busy that I literally don't have the time, and when I do have the time there are million other things I'd rather do. Second reason is that I have nothing meaningful to say. Well I do, of course, have things to say, but for many reasons I'd rather not do it in writing.

    Anyways, to give you a short overview of what I was up to all this time:

    1. Work. I usually come home after 6pm, totally knackered. I do love my job so this is not a problem.
    2. Tennis. End of season championships are here and for the last two weeks I was following it closely, not everything went the way I'd wanted, but this is life, things rarely go the way we want them.
    3. Shopping. Yes, you heard it right. Me, who hates shopping, I had to buy a gazillion things, and I am almost done. Takes a lot of energy and effort, and leaves me even more tired than the gym.
    4. Gym. I've started doing kick boxing again since I can't do horse riding and it's going good. I'm bruised all over though.
    5. Reading. I am re-reading the Forsyte Saga and falling in love with it all over again.
    6. Watching second season of Rome when I have the time. Usually in the morning with breakfast :) James Purefoy is GOD.
    7. BBQing and eating outside. Weather perfect. Now if only I could fix the stupid light which goes off every 3 minutes unless there is movement! ;-)
    8. Cleaning my house every Saturday. I decided against hiring help, it's such a pain in the backside. The only things I don't do are ironing - I take my stuff to the dry cleaning to do the pressing and, well, some dry cleaning, suits and such stuff, and gardening - I've got two guys coming every week to do some cleaning and whatever it is that gardeners do. I am never there to watch them, the garden seems to be well looked after and that's all I want.
    9. Posting on Blah. Now about that: I don't think I'll blog anytime soon, so if you really want to find me, email me or come find me on my forum, Qatar Blah Blah. I enjoy it immensely. It's a bizarre forum, the members are all crazy, and they're all actual friends of mine. Everyone is welcome.
    10. That's about it. Drop me a line here if you want, I'll be checking the comments and maybe commenting on your blogs, too. I loved being a part of the blogging community, but now it's time for me to move on. I might be back, I might not. In any case - have fun! We had great discussions here and I met lots of great people through this blog. Thanks for everything.

    =^..^=
    posted by Bravecat @ 5:41 pm  
    9 Comments:
    • At 17/11/2007, 02:58, Blogger Mattâ„¢ said…

      Why wouldn't you hire help ?

      What the (pardon my french) Hell is wrong with you !?!?

      God, I wanna move back to Dubai JUST so that I never have to open an ironing board again(I just get Cody to do it now), or mop a freaking floor....

      As for the work thing, I totally understand, I have been procrastinating my schoolwork like crazy, and ignoring all social life. C'est la Vie, right ? And its suppose to be worth it in the end.

      So, good luck with all, and take a well deserved break...

      Although I will miss knowing whats going on in your day... as pathetic as that sounds.

       
    • At 17/11/2007, 14:02, Blogger nzm said…

      Oh QC, we're gonna miss you!

      But I do understand how you feel - it's an effort to update our blog these days, and I've just recognised that it's been over a month since my last post there.

      Hope that your break is temporary - or just keep it to a monthly entry so that we know that you're still living one of your nine lives!

       
    • At 18/11/2007, 15:51, Blogger don_veto said…

      If you need inspiration, you are welcome to visit my blog and steal/ I mean borrow any posts from there and put as your own.

      :-)

      Come back to blogging, I miss you already.

       
    • At 19/11/2007, 21:34, Blogger Bob said…

      This is an outrage!
      I won't stand for this bait and switch tactic. You got us all hooked on the cat and now if we want to get our cat fix we have to go to this blah blah blah site? No one seems to be able to write more than one line at a time on that forum. Where's the in-depth ramblings we've come to love? I don't want pussy diluted by the not so interesting thoughts of these blah blah people. This is worse than when they came out with the new coke!

       
    • At 21/11/2007, 06:34, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Matt,

      You're sweet :) But there's nothing going on in my day except for what you already know. And I don't want to write about the same things over and over. I'll be back though, or at least I intend to, at some point.

      NZM,

      I know that you know how I feel! There are times when blogging is just not something you will do, and that's that. But I'm alive and kicking ;-)

      Don Veto,

      Yes, this thought crossed my mind, thanks! Although I think I'll just use your tactic and start posting random YouTube videos on my blog instead :P

      Bob,

      Hey, I never said the forum was great! I said it is bizarre and members are all mental. I only referred to it to help people find me if they want to! :P

       
    • At 30/11/2007, 18:22, Blogger Ammaro said…

      still have nothing meaningful to say? :p

       
    • At 30/11/2007, 22:56, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Yup, one meaningful thing: expat people, if you have noticed that in the Middle East your hair condition went from good to bad to critical - get Perfectil pills from Boots. Worked wonders for me. And made my nails much stronger, too.

       
    • At 03/12/2007, 12:15, Blogger Ammaro said…

      your endless wisdom astounds me. doesnt do me much good though.

       
    • At 04/12/2007, 11:27, Blogger Sandie said…

      Help me Cat!
      Sorry to crash in on you like that but I am desperate...We have Dust Mites in our house.
      Of course, we called the pest control company to come but they said it was too toxic for a pregnant woman.

      We do not want to take any chances by using anything toxic. I tried the usual sprays you find in the supermarket, like Pif Paf. I have to admit, it is less but they are still alive and coming back now it has been a few weeks. Do you have any suggestions or home made receipes?? Please? I am so itchy and full of red marks from their bites.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives