Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    25 March 2009
    I'm back ;-)
    Hi there!

    Been a while, eh?

    To be honest, I forgot about my blog. I am online every day at work, but I didn't have anything to share and I didn't even think about blogging. Well now that I finally have a little bit of good news, I can write about it.

    Some of you might know that in February my husband lost his job. It threw us off balance financially (but not enough as to panic), and forced a whole chain of events in rapid succession. First, we moved out of our new house into our old house (our lovely landlady is one in a million). Then, I moved to another, higher paying job, which took the financial pressure off. And a few days ago, my husband finally got a job offer he was hoping for, and accepted, and now he will be working in Doha. I decided to stay in Dubai with my new job as my chances of finding a similar job in Qatar are next to zero. So we shall see how that works out. I suppose I'll commute every 2 weeks or so, make Emirates Airlines happy :) Actually, I am quite looking forward to all this. We've been stuck in our routine far too long and I am ready for a change.

    I am thinking of bringing my mom over to stay with me as I don't think I'll enjoy living alone long term. If she accepts, that is. Don't know whether she will like to live in Dubai. It's fun to visit, but living here is another story altogether. I suppose if she drives and has things to do, she won't be bored out of her mind... but we'll deal with this when we get there.

    For the time being, I have my hands full with handing my work over to my assistant before I move to my new job. As soon as I start, I will fly to Singapore for training and orientation, and yearly regional meeting (the timing was great). I can't wait! Never been to Singapore, and I will have some free time to explore. No idea what to see, haven't gotten around reading up on it, so suggestions welcome.

    And that is all for the time being. Talk to you later! :)
    posted by Bravecat @ 9:34 am  
    9 Comments:
    • At 25/03/2009, 17:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Now that's a REAL life... full of problems :-P

      But it's great anyway!
      And it's so romantic to be away from husband...
      Have time to miss him, ha-ha :-D

      I thought of Singapore, too!
      But my choice is made.

      Glad to read you again!
      And glad to see you sooo optimistic.

      Kisses!

      S.

       
    • At 26/03/2009, 23:41, Blogger nzm said…

      Congrats on the new job and hopefully the strain of being apart from hubby will not be too hard to bear on either of you.

      I think that there are times when you just have to do these things and take whatever comes.

      J and I have been physically separated twice during our relationship, (NZ and Dubai, and then Melbourne and Berlin), and it made each time we were together more special and meaningful. Until we decided that enough was enough and then we again worked out a plan to be together again!

      All the best with everything!

       
    • At 28/03/2009, 02:01, Blogger don_veto said…

      Good for you, I knew it would work out for you in the end.

      Good luck to you and hubby in your new careers

       
    • At 29/03/2009, 12:06, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Sever,

      When are you flying? And yes, my life is very much real (always was). I just don't like talking about my problems much.

      nzm & dej,

      Thanks so much for the kind words of support... I am still not quite sure how I will manage (will I manage??) so every little helps.. I know I am not the only wife living in another country, but still.. Lets see how it goes :)

      DV,

      Oh yeah, there was never any actual danger of it not working out. Just a little shake up. Sometimes it is good to change things. Cheers! :)

       
    • At 29/03/2009, 16:06, Blogger nzm said…

      In the end, it doesn't really matter how many people are doing the same as you - it's how it personally affects you. After all, you're different to everyone else - it's what makes you unique!

      During this process of change that's about to happen with hubs in Doha and you in Dubai, don't try to justify what's happening by saying that other people are also going through it.

      It's time to be "selfish"!

      Recognise what you're feeling at all times, and don't be afraid to voice it to friends, family, husband. Talk it through always - the worse thing that you can do is hide what you feel. You may find that all you need to get by is to talk it over with someone. If you need more than that to feel happier/better, take action! Don't sit on your true feelings and leave it until it potentially breaks down beyond repair.

      Your time on this earth is too precious and too short!

       
    • At 30/03/2009, 09:51, Blogger Bravecat said…

      nzm,

      Thanks... again. You are so right. Sigh.. But I guess I won't know unless and until I've tried it. Thing is, I don't have anyone I could talk to about this whole thing. The only place, really, is my blog - and I am not so sure I'm comfortable spilling my guts for the world to see. But you never know - I might just love living alone. Which scares me as well, a little. Time will show.

       
    • At 07/04/2009, 22:24, Blogger I care said…

      didn't know where to post this ! maybe here is good.

      check it out

      http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

       
    • At 08/04/2009, 09:05, Blogger Bravecat said…

      I Care,

      Yeah this is one of the most famous Dubai bashing articles at the moment. I can't deny that much is true, but much is also overinflated. In what country, tell me, you can get in debt and get away with it?? Of course if you mismanage your finances and borrow money you can't pay back, you'll eventually end up sleeping in your car. You never heard of homeless people in the West? LOL

      As for ecology - I back the article up 100%. This is a disgrace. Dubai IS a desert. I can't help but think that if we turn Dubai into an artificial rainforest, some real rainforest somewhere will automatically turn into desert... and that is sad. Because once Dubai is rainforest no more (it's simply unsustainable), that lost rainforest will remain a desert...

      However, it's not all doom and gloom. All countries in the world are hit by this recession, and Dubai by the way is still afloat. Lets wait and see :) :)

       
    • At 24/06/2020, 14:27, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      . Get in touch with the real estate agent. We at PROPERTY HUNTER shifted this service to a level much higher than the broker concept. Our highly trained and professional experts team will review and evaluate our client's needs and requirements.

      There are numerous factors affect the real estate market demand and supply, Interest rates, economic growth, de-mographics, mortgage availability and consumer confidence. For investors who have hold their properties for numerous years now can be a good time to sell and take advantage of new opportunities with aggressive payment plans whom has a great growth and return potential. We as expert in the local market will share with you the status of the real estate market and provide the proper advice to achieve your target. We have wide varieties of options of off plan pro-jects and ready residential and commercial properties. Ranging from Apartments; studios, pent-houses, townhouses, lands, plots, villas, office spaces, showrooms, hotel apartments and suits, commercial buildings, residential buildings, VIP towers and hotel projects. you can see more details like this article Property for sale
      Properties For Sale in Qatar

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives