Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    2 April 2009
    If looks were all that matters - ladies
    The other day I got into a heated discussion about beautiful actresses with my colleagues - of course we failed to agree. Well, they are men (and therefore clueless) so I will not list their picks here. I will list mine, please feel free to agree or disagree. Just remember, it's looks I am talking about, not acting skills.



    Angela Basset - saw her for the first time in "Strange Days". Then liked her even more in "The Score".
    Charlize Theron - impossible not to like, and one of the girls that featured on my colleagues "best of the best" list, too. Love her in "Italian Job". I don't like many blondes, she is one of very few exceptions.




    Eva Longoria - perfect as an adulterous Desperate Housewife.
    Julianne Moore - simply perfect. Don't miss her in "Shipping News".



    Kate B. - beautiful as a vampire ("Underworld") and as a vampire slayer ("Van Helsing").
    Kate W. - English rose, I like her in "Holiday".



    Keira Knightley - here is one love/hate relationship. Love her when she looks serious, hate her when she smiles. She knows it, and has her Posh act perfected. I like her in "Atonement".
    Liv Tyler - Elven Queen in LOTR, amazing.



    Michelle Pfeiffer - perfect in every single movie. Brilliant in "Stardust".
    Lucy Liu - "Payback" is my fave. Ouch!



    Milla Jovovic - we were born same year in the same city. So where did I go wrong? LOL. "Fifth Element" is hard to beat, but I also like her in "The Claim".
    Monica Bellucci - the sexiest woman alive. Perfect in one of my fave movies, "Brotherhood of the Wolf".



    Natalie Portman - I don't know what it is about this girl that I like so much. She is great in "V", and equally great in "Star Wars". Just, beautiful.
    Nicole Kidman - the ultimate femininity. I chose this pic on purpose - not the most flattering or airbrushed one, she looks very natural, and the movie I like her most in is "Cold Mountain". For a change, the one where she wears more clothes than makeup.



    Rachel Weisz - amazing amazing amazing. Quirky, interesting and unusual kind of beauty. Love her in "The Mummies".
    Salma Hayek - I saved the best for last. Traffic-stopping knockout in "Desperado", and that dance with the snake in "From Dusk till Dawn" - it doesn't get better than that.
    posted by Bravecat @ 9:39 am  
    13 Comments:
    • At 02/04/2009 14:20, Blogger nzm said…

      Actually - I prefer Salma's dance in Frida! :-)

       
    • At 02/04/2009 14:26, Blogger Qatar Cat said…

      Awesome dance, scary unibrow! :P

       
    • At 04/04/2009 10:51, Blogger frogman said…

      pretty good list.. monica belluci is insanely beautiful..

      sarah shahi would have my list.. check her out

       
    • At 05/04/2009 02:41, Anonymous jack said…

      Julianne Moore

      partial to redheads

      But you know we cant eat just one chip!

       
    • At 05/04/2009 11:11, Blogger Qatar Cat said…

      Froggles,

      But... but... but isn't she supposed to be pixelized for you? :P :P

      Jack,

      Kidman is a redhead too. And no, of course one chip is not enough, ROFL

       
    • At 07/04/2009 15:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      This is very serious issue !

      So my No for your list goes for:
      Angela Basset
      Julianne Moore
      Liv Tyler
      Lucy Liu
      Natalie Portman
      Nicole Kidman

      And I'll add some who you don't know:
      The famous Brazilian top models:
      Adriana Lima (Very beautiful)
      Giselle Bündchen
      My girl (but I'll not put her name here) :-)

      kisses

      Touchy

       
    • At 07/04/2009 16:37, Blogger Qatar Cat said…

      Touchy,

      My list only includes actresses, not models. Besides, I find Bundchen rather plain. And Adriana - too playmatey.

      ;-)

      Julianne, Angela and Nicole are possibly the best looking of them all, if you ask me. Then again, you're too young to appreciate their beauty as yet, baybee!

      OK am I getting my butt kicked now? Haha I sure am!

       
    • At 08/04/2009 11:16, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      QC
      The beauty is a personal taste or even this you want it to be on your taste like Barby doll !!? :P sure you'll get many kicks on ur butt..you asked for it :-)

      About Julianne, she is average woman (nothing perfect as you said :-P) and Nicole too much whitey, no curves, hard face characteristics (i.e. not feminine), where is the beauty ?
      For Adriana Lima, she is amazingly exotic and Giselle has a lot of charms… and both features my girl has :-)

      This is the opinion of beauty taster....you don’t know about beauty kitty ! :P

      Touchy

       
    • At 08/04/2009 14:00, Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR said…

      IN DUBAI ALL ALONE 'EY? ENJOY IT.

      HRH KING AL RASHID.

       
    • At 08/04/2009 16:40, Blogger Qatar Cat said…

      Touchy,

      Yup I agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) So lets not argue.

      HRH,

      I bow to thee, your royal highness :) Haven't heard from you for like, forever! And yeah I'll enjoy working my ass off in my new job, thanks.

       
    • At 09/04/2009 13:26, Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR said…

      CAT,

      WORKING YOUR ASS OFF :) IN YOUR NEW JOB? WHY WHAT FIELD ARE YOU IN THAT REQUIRES YOUR ASS TO BE WORKED? I CAN ONLY THINK OF ONE FIELD BUT THEN AGAIN I DO HAVE A ONE TRACK MIND :)

      HRH KING AL RASHID

      P.S: I QUIT BLOGGING ALMOST A YEAR AGO BUT I JUST RESURRECTED THE BLOG BECAUSE I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO SAY AND THE FIRST POST IS UP FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE IF YOU CARE TO VISIT AND COMMENT.

       
    • At 09/04/2009 14:52, Blogger Qatar Cat said…

      HRH,

      ROFL yes I know about your mind, haha. I will leave the field of my work to your imagination :-P

      Now lets see what it is that was important enough for YOU to come out of your royal retirement!

       
    • At 09/04/2009 15:19, Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR said…

      I'M ALREADY IMAGINING :

      -AH AH AHHHHH AHHHHHHHHH
      -OH YEAH BABY SHAKE THAT ASS SHAKE THAT ASS WORK IT! WORK IT! WORK IT!
      -AH AH AH HRH YOU ARE SO DAMN GOOD DONT STOP WORK MY ASS FOR ME BABY LOOOOL.

      HRH KING AL RASHID.

      HAVE A GREAT DAY AND DRIVE SAFE ON THAT DAMN SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD AND EMIRATES ROAD AND WATCH OUT FOR THOSE CRAZY MOTHER FUCKING SUICIDAL PAKISTANI LORRY/COACH DRIVERS THAT JOIN YOUR LANE AT 50 KMH WHILE YOU ARE DOING 120KMH. IF ONLY I WAS ALLOWED TO FIT A ROCKET LAUNCHER ON TOP OF MY CAR IT WOULD BE THE FIRST I WOULD DO NEXT TIME I'M IN THE UAE. LAUNCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM ONE LESS LORRY DRIVING COCKROACH TO WORRY ABOUT ON THE ROADS. I THINK MISSILES FOR THE LORRY DRIVERS AND MACHINE GUNS ON MY WING MIRRORS FOR THE TAXI DRIVERS.

      YES YOU GUESSED IT THERE IS A POST COMING SOON REGARDING DRIVING IN THE UAE. TAKE CARE.
      -AH AH AH AHHHHHHHHH
      -YEAH BABY SHAKE IT SHAKE IT SHAKE IT
      -M M M M MEAOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MEAOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MEAOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MEAOWWWWWWWWWWWWW HISS HISS HISS HISS MEAOW MEAOW HRH YOU ARE TOO BIG I'M JUST A CAT.

      HRH KING AL RASHID.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives