Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    20 April 2006
    Dear members of the jury..
    The plot thickens. Apparently, our new office building is not an "office" building per se. It's a block of flats, (slightly illegally) converted into offices. That causes a problem. Our commercial licence can't be renewed unless we have an office - which we don't. Apparently, all we have is a flat! For those who don't know the specifics of the local system, all I can say is that this little paper in Arabic that says the building is a block of flats is enough to put us out of business. I don't care how it happened, and who is responsible, but at this moment I feel like banging someone's head against the wall.

    Is it because I liked the new office so much that I actually said I did?? Am I doomed to get stuck in corporate offices on the Corniche, again? Take your *&^%$ view and stick it up your @$$! Give me an office in Muntazah (10 minutes drive away from home, next to The Centre) and I will be a happy bunny.

    Whatever they say about women and PMS - is all true.

    Happy Easter, everyone!


    posted by Bravecat @ 1:13 pm  
    14 Comments:
    • At 20/04/2006, 15:40, Blogger Sever said…

      Murrr, poor Aunt :)

      Only don`t be nervous, please:)

      Happy Easter to you!
      Our will be after few days.

       
    • At 20/04/2006, 15:42, Blogger Sever said…

      And hey, I think those Indonesian woman & Egyption man are poor people. Yes, I had a chance to know such rules.
      You know how & where ;-)

      Kisses!

       
    • At 20/04/2006, 19:59, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Oh ... the fine print will get you every time.

       
    • At 20/04/2006, 21:40, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Sever,

      Happy Easter, dearest! And no of course I am not nervous :^) I am dangerous!

      Jack,

      LOL no fine print... Arabic bureaucracy! A relative of the landlord was told that an acquaintance of the brother of his contractor has a friend with a solid contact in the municipality who owes him and who promised to arrange everything through his nephew who deals with these things, but the nephew is now on vacations.

      :p

       
    • At 21/04/2006, 03:09, Blogger Mystique said…

      QC,
      Ahh PMSing :") it isn't that bad is it?, except that sometimes you feel like smashing the biggest glass building in town!
      Happy Easter

      Cheers

       
    • At 21/04/2006, 03:23, Blogger ahmed said…

      lol sweetie relax..everything is gonna be ok :P

      happy Easter :)

       
    • At 21/04/2006, 11:26, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Mystique,

      Hehe yeah well the worst is over now :^) Thanks for the Easter greetings!

      Ahmed,

      Trying! Thanks a lot! Of course I'll be OK :p

       
    • At 21/04/2006, 16:00, Blogger Bravecat said…

      SA,

      We shall see what happens.. It should be decided next week whether we stay or move again. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

      Καλή Ανάσταση!

      :^)

       
    • At 21/04/2006, 20:17, Blogger Hussa-G said…

      Sorry to hear that. Hope everything workout for the best.

      Wish you the best. I will pray for you.

      Happy Easter everyone :)

       
    • At 22/04/2006, 02:33, Blogger Bandarof said…

      Hey Cat,

      Are you feelin better yet?? If not, I go back into hiding or is it time to come out and play? I actually have a very difficult task to complete soon and then I'll holla at ya. Take care.

      Bandarof

       
    • At 22/04/2006, 12:51, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Hussa,

      You are the sweetest. Thanks a lot! I feel much better already :^)

      Bazza,

      You finish your task, then holla at me. We have a tough task to finish, too! But it starts looking good =]

       
    • At 22/04/2006, 19:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Nothing makes sense as usual. That's why I call the Gulf (if not the entire Middle East) "Kafkaesque." It's a labrynth of catch-22's fused in one twilight zone. ;^)

       
    • At 23/04/2006, 06:44, Blogger Matt™ said…

      I remember that about Dubai as well, we always went to businesses that had their "offices" in what was clearly appartments converted into offices. I think it's sympomatic of the areas general shortage of commercial space. Business grows too fast for supply to keep up. Sucks to be you !

      I hope it all works out ;) Maybe you will get a BETTER office out of this all !

      Cheer up, Buttercup !

       
    • At 23/04/2006, 09:36, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Tanta,

      Hehe that is so true and I love your description. But although the Gulf may be Kafkaesque, my reactions to all the shortcomings will remain Vonnegutesque :^)
      After all, I have it easier - I am not a local! On top of that, I can mostly do as I please and therefore I am not subject to many of the catch-22 situations.

      Mattie,

      Busy bee! I see you're back, all pampered and refreshed. How's life going? How was Easter?
      Yeah, the office story is deep, dark and obscure, but hopefully we'll sort it out this month.

      :^)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives