Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    8 April 2006
    Doha Construction Photos - Part II
    Don't give up on me just yet :p

    Ok so maybe I will never become a famous web designer, but I might yet make it as a photographer. You just never know. Apparently my pics of Doha Construction caught someone's eye at Skyscraper City Forums... and now I double up as an observer/recorder of local real estate development, lol. Look up some pics I took of Doha Sports Tower - here!

    I went for a drive around town today, and below are the pics of the progress in construction:
    Al Asmakh Tower (1 & 2), new hospital (3 & 4), Cigale hotel in Al Sadd (5), development around City Centre (6, 7 & 8), Al Sulaiti and Al Ashgal Towers complex (9), QP Tower with some other towers coming up next to it (10). Click on the images to get a better view.










    posted by Bravecat @ 12:45 am  
    9 Comments:
    • At 08/04/2006, 14:16, Blogger Kay said…

      cool pictures. You even have people posing for u ( pic 7)

       
    • At 08/04/2006, 14:56, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Hey! Thanks again for the pictures.

      ~ Meena x

       
    • At 08/04/2006, 19:40, Blogger Once the Conman said…

      Just trying to imagine what Doha will look like once all those under-contstruction buildings are done... it'll be somewhat unbelievable - coming back say about seven years later, just to see what the place looks like...

       
    • At 09/04/2006, 01:41, Blogger U.E. said…

      A cat of oh-so-many talents!

      Pic 2 makes the building look like it's leaning severly... is this intentional? Of the architecture, not the photo I mean.

      Hi! Miss ya!

       
    • At 09/04/2006, 20:03, Blogger fire alarm said…

      Thanks a lot for the effort and please keep updateding us folks at skyscrapercity.com.

       
    • At 11/04/2006, 14:11, Blogger Lym said…

      Cool pictures. Do you reckon Doha would ever be like Dubai in the near future?

       
    • At 11/04/2006, 19:26, Blogger Nash said…

      Nice pics, good to know u still blog..

      Nash

       
    • At 11/04/2006, 22:53, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Whoah, comments! :^)

      Kay,

      Long time no see! Yeah these guys were actually posing, so nice. I put this pic on the page because of them!

      Meena, Abdulla,

      You and others at Scyscrapercity are most welcome. I'll do my best to update from time to time :^)

      Conman,

      Yup.

      UE,

      Actually, it's the photo! It's not leaning at all, but it's not square shaped, thus the effect. Look at the previous pic for the straighter version :p Miss you lots!

      LYM,

      I wouldn't want Doha to be like Dubai at all. I like it the way it is. It's much more Arabic in nature than Dubai (which is now what, Indian? Russian? Alien?). In terms of architecture - it looks like we are walking the same road though. There seems to be a competition between companies who's gonna build the tallest tower. I wish some better planning was present, but truth be told - the new towers look stunning (most of them).

      Nash,

      Thanks! And yeah I still blog :p

       
    • At 16/04/2006, 10:07, Blogger Bravecat said…

      SA,

      What it has to do with driving - beats me, but of course you are, lol.

      Φιλάκια

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives