Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    29 August 2006
    How are you today?
    I was asked that question and I just switched off for a moment there. Oh I got back to my senses soon enough to avoid further inquiries by saying "Fine, fine.." but it got me thinking. How am I today, really? Fine? Not so fine? Fine but could be better? Never been better? Miserable but I've felt worse? Happy, sad, undecided? Very complicated. So I decided to try and figure out how I really am, right now. I know there can't be a simple answer to this question but I will do my best to analyse myself. My friend Susanne (author of a fab blog Better than Cheesecake) has a nice feature that she posts regularly: 5 things that made me happy today. I will expand on it a little and post 5 things that made me happy and 5 things that made me sad in the last 24 hours. And then I will probably be able to answer (at least on my blog, I doubt I'll come up with anything I could actually use in a real life conversation) how I am today.

    5 things that made me happy in the last 24 hours:

    1. Baghdatis and Agassi winning their first round matches at the US Open
    2. Meeting Midget and Fish for a coffee yesterday evening
    3. Getting enough sleep for the first time in a few days
    4. My accountant presented me with a beautiful beaded shirt (early birthday gift I suppose) - totally uncalled for!
    5. An sms late in the evening

    5 things that made me sad in the last 24 hours:

    1. Finding out that Baghdatis will play Agassi in the second round of US Open. I don't want either of them to lose so early in the tournament!
    2. Getting sick.
    3. Reading "The Little Prince" and "Scarlet Sails"
    4. Mad driver in an SUV nearly killing me off
    5. No sms this morning

    I still don't know how I am today. I am fine, fine... A little sad, perhaps. A little ill. Lucky and unlucky. Happy, smiling, laughing in the office with my boss, crying in the toilet. Working, blogging, meeting deadlines. Thinking, trying not to think, failing that, thinking. Looking forward to the weekend. Dreading the weekend. Craving ice cream (chocolate & orange, please) - too early for PMS, lol. What's my excuse?

    So tell me, how are you today?
    posted by Bravecat @ 10:15 am  
    17 Comments:
    • At 29/08/2006, 14:02, Blogger fire alarm said…

      Very bad !! Just back in the office from a week long holiday or partying... its cold... morning coffee wasnt that good.. forgot my login password.. leaving london very soon..

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 14:03, Blogger 3anooda said…

      DUUUUUUDE why u crying??

      im feeling strange. had a very good phone call but somehow i am not making of it how good it is.

      on the other hand, i have so much to do before going on holiday yet bored and not doing anything

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 15:28, Blogger don_veto said…

      I am fine, a little sleepy, but nothing that a little or a lot of coffee can't fix.

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 15:53, Blogger Susanne said…

      Aw, thanks cat!

      I don't think anything could make me happy today unfortunately. I'll be posting about it soon.

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 15:58, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      let's just say that on several occasions this morning i found myself picturing my colleagues' heads as leather punch bags..:p

      so same old, same old basically..lol

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 16:05, Blogger Fadfadation said…

      After reading about your mood, i guess i'm one of the lucky ones :)

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 18:11, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I feel today as I do on most days. To illustrate how I feel Im going to quote a verse from Sade's song "king of sorrow":

      I want to cook you a soup that warms your soul
      But nothing would change, nothing would change at all
      It's just a day that brings it all about
      Just another day and nothing's any good

      The DJ's playing the same song
      I have so much to do
      I have to carry on
      I wonder if this grief will ever let me go
      I feel like I am the king of sorrow, yeah
      The king of sorrow

      I think you'll like that song. Speaking of, what do you listen to when your feeling blue or a bit under the weather. I'd like to download more songs that make me FEEL as opposed to feel-good songs only that are invading the mainstream these days.

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 18:13, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      there are way too many sad, bitchy people in Qatar. We should start a club for us miserable, melancholic types. But I think it could backfire and hearing every1 elses woes would just set us up for suicidal mode! LOL

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 18:16, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Infact, I think this should be documented by the discovery channel. I think it would intrigue them like no other place in the world.....unless Qatar gets to them too and they scurry away before they get anything done!

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 19:42, Blogger Sever said…

      Not good at all.

      After laughing all the day I have headache & problems with davlenie.

      Bad, bad, bad :-/

       
    • At 29/08/2006, 21:05, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Hi QC

      zaki here

      How am I feeling? ...mmm...

      Plastic smile on the outside - pissed off inside

      Cheerful outside - frustrated inside

      Calm and composed on the outside - Anxious and eager on the inside... checking my email evey 3 minutes.

      I guess thats sums up how I am feeling.

      By the way, you need to send me uer PO box if u want real flowers on the 3'rd.

      Else, you will have settle for the virtual ones.

      :-(

      zaki

      www.o3.indiatimes.com/rosecolouredglasses
      zakiduckie@indiatimes.com

       
    • At 30/08/2006, 00:36, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Retirement Planning

      If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortek stock one year go, it would now be worth $49.00.

      With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.

      With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

      But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling
      REFUND, you would have had $214.00!

      Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

      It's called the 401- Keg Plan.

      I'm feeling pretty good about my new retiement plan!

      But it can be a headache in the morining hours ;)

       
    • At 31/08/2006, 09:39, Blogger Mise said…

      Totally depressed!!! ...Just got back from Ireland...the 5:30 alarm call this morning and the three-hour time difference just don't gel ... give me a couple of days!

       
    • At 31/08/2006, 12:33, Blogger Lost in trance... said…

      excuse? how abt 'life'?

      n yeah, agassi is a dead man i guess?

       
    • At 31/08/2006, 12:41, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Thanks everyone for your answers and moral support ;-)

      I am sure you'll be delighted to know that I am feeling much better. Great, in fact. And you have so much to look forward to - a very comprehensive tennis post! LOL

      =^..^=

       
    • At 03/09/2006, 00:03, Blogger Kel said…

      you pregnant? you sound pregnant.

       
    • At 03/09/2006, 10:53, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Kel,

      Hahahahaha so that's how pregnant women sound? No I am definitely not pregnant, but I will go and get the test from the pharmacy just in case!

      :P

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives