Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    30 July 2006
    Movie Meme
    Marjorie has a funny meme on her blog, and I decided to tag myself with it.

    Identify the Movie - Oficially Closed! :D

    - Pick umpteen of your favorite movies
    - Select favorite lines from these movies
    - Post them and see how long it takes friends to guess them

    Have a look, and see how many you can actually guess :^)

    Update 1:
    Come on people, only four left, and they are not the hardest ones to figure out!!
    Update 2: Bingo! And the prize goes to... well, me of course! What were you thinking?? :P



    1. That woman is a woman! - Shakespeare In Love

    2. “There's a brighter side of death?”
    “Of course. It's just harder to see.” - Van Helsing

    3. That's what I want to come home to, that's what I want to have to think about and dream about. I wanna know that the best part of my life is still ahead of me. - Pearl Harbour

    4. Well, then we have something in common. We are both not to be trusted. - Original Sin

    5. I never met a dame yet that didn't know if she was good-looking or not without being told, and there's some of them that give themselves credit for more than they've got. - A Streetcar Named Desire

    6. He's all right, I suppose, if you like dark, handsome, rich-looking men with passionate natures and too many teeth. - Breakfast At Tiffany's

    7. Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Armageddon

    8. Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out? - Lost in Translation

    9. I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they fight for hopeless causes. Honour? Huh! Honour's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one. - Fifth Element

    10. We have blue soup to start, orange pudding to end, and, well, for a main course you have, uh, congealed green gunge. - Bridget Jones Diary

    11. Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. - Con Air

    12. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. But the fleas? They're murder. - Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban


    13. Let's get something straight, ok? There's no "we". There never was a "we". In fact, without "me", there wouldn't even be a "you"! - Ice Age

    14. Your body's dying. Pay no attention, It happens to us all. - Interview with the Vampire


    15. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. - Lord of the Rings

    16. Grande, er... grande familio, grande tradizione de Christmas presents. Stupido. - Love Actually

    17. “How do you write women so well?”
    “I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.” - As Good as It Gets


    18. The kingdom of God is within you and all around you. It is not within buildings of wood or stone. Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Look beneath a stone and I am there. - Stigmata (Midget, you little cheat!)

    19. “Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.”
    “Oh. Who's being naive, Kay? “ - Godfather

    posted by Bravecat @ 9:43 pm  
    26 Comments:
    • At 30/07/2006, 22:25, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      ok i'm pretty sure 10 is from "bridget jones diary" when she cooks up dinner for her friends?

      and i think 14 is from "interview with a vampire" when lestat meets with louis at the graveyard?

      other than that i haven't a clue :p

       
    • At 30/07/2006, 23:35, Blogger Kay said…

      i know 19 is from the godfather part 3 or part 2?! close enough. lol 14 maybe fight club? no idea the rest.. clues?

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 00:06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I could only get 19. Godfather for sure.

      What we have here is a failure to communicate.

      Cool Hand Jack :)

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 10:11, Blogger confused arab chick said…

      not a single one.

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 12:20, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Oh come on, people, these are not some weird foreign movies! These are very popular ones!

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 14:04, Blogger don_veto said…

      7 is from Armageddon, right?

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 15:58, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      8 is Lost In Translation
      10 is Bridget Jones
      11 is ConAir
      12 is Harry Potter 3
      13 is Ice Age
      14 is Interview with the Vampire
      15 is Lord of the Rings
      17 is As Good as it Gets
      18 is Stigmata

      All without IMDB :D

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 16:02, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Great! You guys are right about what you guessed so far.
      Midget (Anonymous) you got like LOADS, and I know it's YOU cause I know it's you, hehe. Oh and I told you about Stigmata, so it doesn't count.

      OK what about the rest of them???

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 17:49, Blogger Mise said…

      'Lost in Translation' I knew...and 'The Godfather'...but 'that woman is a woman' ..is that Mrs. Doubtfire, or Birdcage?

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 17:52, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Mise,

      Doubtfire? Birdcage? Read the beginning of the post: I had to choose my FAV movies. You are not going to suggest that these two could be my fav movies, are you? So it's a No.... and a No. But I can see why you thought about these two!

      :P

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 18:03, Blogger don_veto said…

      Where is my prize, I want my prize! ;-)

      I will leave a challenge to you also,

      In which movie was this said:

      Some people live a lifetime in a minute.

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 18:11, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Don Veto,

      I think it is either Cold Mountain or Scent of a Woman. Yes, no, maybe?

      I can imagine Al Pacino telling it to the boy, and I can imagine that blind guy telling it to Jude Law. On the second thought, I think the blind guy was saying other things... Yeah, how he wouldn't want to have his sight for 15 minutes. OK, Scent of a Woman it is, then. Or is it?

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 19:35, Blogger don_veto said…

      QC: "Scent of a woman" is correct, you get your prize when I get mine ;-)

      I like that phrase because in a few words, it has so much meaning.

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 19:47, Blogger Mise said…

      Yeah, I was in a hurry. Favourites? No. But 'Bircage' was a funny film. I laughed so much when I saw it first.

      ...that line is buggin' me though, I know it so well (from somewhere) :-D

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 20:24, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Don Veto,

      Ok so we owe each other a prize now :D

      Mise,

      I am sure you know the movie! At least you SHOULD know the movie. Keep thinking! Let me give you a hint: it was actually an accusation!

      Oh an Anonymous is Dohagirl, my buddy from www.qatarliving.com

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 21:49, Blogger Mise said…

      lol...I know...'Shakespeare in Love' ...I only watched it a month ago again...

      ...I saw you had already said who anonymous was, that's why I deleted it ... Of course, I thought it was someone else, but she'd probably get them all ;-D

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 21:58, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Mise,

      Right! I love that movie!

      And as for Anon - you are right, she probably would, but then she wouldn't sign in as anonymous :^)

       
    • At 31/07/2006, 22:07, Blogger Mise said…

      True ...lol...Why would she?

       
    • At 01/08/2006, 11:52, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Flous,

      Yay! All correct! And I know the ENTIRE Fifth Element movie by heart! :D

       
    • At 01/08/2006, 13:18, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Agent,

      Yes you are! Welcome to Life in Qatar. Do I know you??

       
    • At 01/08/2006, 14:21, Blogger Rambling Hal said…

      Man! I made it here just in time, eh? There's only one quote left to guess - number 3!

      And I'm pretty sure it's from Pearl Harbour, no? Ben Affleck spewed that line out, or am I wrong?

      Man - wish I'd see this earlier. I would have loved guessing some of those quotes! It's scary how many of them I knew. :)

       
    • At 01/08/2006, 15:48, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Rambling Hal,

      Welcome to Life in Qatar (pity you aren't coming to Qatar though!). So you knew lots of those quotes, huh? Well good then you let the others try their luck :^)

      The quiz is officially closed :D

       
    • At 02/08/2006, 14:08, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      (Off-topic)

      I can't think of any reason why this would be useful to you, but I set up an LJ syndication of your blog so that I can read it on my friends page over there. It's at http://syndicated.livejournal.com/qatarcat/.

       
    • At 02/08/2006, 14:56, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Marjorie,

      I feel privileged :^)
      Never thought you actually read my blog.

       
    • At 02/08/2006, 19:28, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      The reason I set up the syndication is that I keep FORGETTING to read it! :-D I'm used to just checking LJ.

       
    • At 02/08/2006, 20:08, Blogger Bravecat said…

      I see.. Well I am still flattered :^)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives