Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    19 January 2006
    Thursday morning jazz
    On my second cup of coffee this morning, the phone rang. Here is the conversation word by word for your entertainment.

    Me: Allo

    Voice (male, bad attempt at American accent): Blah Blah International?

    Me: Yep. What can I do for you?

    Voice: I’m calling from China Investment something. Can I talk to ... ummm… Mr. So and So? (name of my boss, close enough for me to understand but not nearly good enough to pass the line to my boss)

    Me: What is it regarding?

    Voice (accent getting worse): Business. Oh and what is his nationality? If you don’t mind me asking?

    Me: Yes I mind. What exactly do you want?

    Voice: Business. It’s actually complicated.

    Me: We don’t do complicated, sorry.

    Voice: Oh maybe I can talk to you then…

    Me: I don’t think so. Thanks for calling though.

    Voice: Ok, #$%^& it then (Hangs up).

    Me: ROFL

    Dear Investment Companies, insurance and reinsurance, brokers and shmockers! We appreciate your fervour in trying to talk us into your schemes and out of our money but we don’t have any money worth your attention. So BUGGER OFF! And oh well, since we are talking money here, how much are you willing to pay me for my boss’ nationality? I’ll sell :^)

    Free advice: Dear above mentioned,

    Go learn some telephone communication skills already!
    posted by Bravecat @ 10:43 am  
    11 Comments:
    • At 19/01/2006, 12:29, Blogger Once the Conman said…

      LOL...
      mad woman...
      hahahahahahahahaaha
      We don't do complicated...
      LOL....

       
    • At 19/01/2006, 12:44, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Conman,

      At least I'm honest, LOL.

       
    • At 19/01/2006, 16:44, Blogger Sever said…

      Not polite at all :-/

      "how much are you willing to pay me for my boss’ nationality? I’ll sell" - I like it... real businesslady ;-)

       
    • At 19/01/2006, 17:31, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Sever,

      Hiya girl, missed you! How's the weather?

      And yeah, the guy was hilarious.

      =^..^=

       
    • At 19/01/2006, 18:11, Blogger Sever said…

      The girl you missed attack you with her messages every day :P

      The weather is terrible :(
      -28/30
      I went to shops yesterday... Mama mia!!! I don`t want to leave my home.
      Even my bag froze (zaledenela), can you imagine, Cat?
      My scarf was covering me from my neck to my eyes... Some protect themselves from the sun with such a method. Funny...

      I want to have your weather :-/
      Send me some, please...

       
    • At 19/01/2006, 18:26, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Haha Sever you forgot to attack me yesterday :^)

      People all around the world talk about global warming... and here in Qatar of all places, I am globally freezing my ass off!

      And yeah sure you can have it all, but please send me some central heating!

      =^..^=

       
    • At 20/01/2006, 01:40, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Kaza,

      We are inundated by calls from various investment companies urging us to buy shares of the companies we've never heard of, promising unbelievable returns. So after a two years of such calls, I decided enough is enough! :^)

      =^..^=

       
    • At 20/01/2006, 21:09, Blogger confused arab chick said…

      Doha's phone idiots kick ass :)

      I've felt your pain.

       
    • At 20/01/2006, 21:28, Blogger Bravecat said…

      LOL Chick you are so right.

      We have plenty ass... now bring out more of those idiots!

      :^)

       
    • At 21/01/2006, 14:48, Blogger Bravecat said…

      G,

      You should call us then! :^)

       
    • At 21/01/2006, 14:48, Blogger Degoat said…

      i took a telephone communication course

      it really does help you know

      G

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives