Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    10 September 2006
    Tennis update for Midget
    So she proved once again that she's not just a pretty face. And she walked away with US$ 1.7 million in prize money. She's got the looks, she's got the style and she's got the game. That's more than enough reasons to hate Shara. But how can you hate a girl who comes up with this at a press conference following her US Open triumph? -

    "I believe, at the end of the day, personally, my life is not about a banana."

    ;-)


    As for the guys, tonight there will be a dream final clash between Federer and Roddick. Roddick, himself a champion in New York in 2003, is rumoured to be romantically involved with Shara. Thus the joke: "Doing another Grand Slam winner is like winning another Grand Slam". Both Shara and Roddick refuse to talk about their private lives though, so I can't really blame people for coming up with corny jokes. I hope Roddick wins tonight.

    Speaking of tennis jokes, there is a good reason why I love tennis press conferences. Enjoy!

    Q: Why do you think you didn’t win today?
    Rafael Nadal: Because I lost.

    Q: I wasn’t here the other night but you lost that set 6 Love to…
    Amelie Mauresmo: I don’t know what you are talking about.
    Q: People who I was sitting with were saying, “Oh, gosh, it’s the same old Mauresmo.” I know that’s insulting.
    Amelie Mauresmo: I still don’t know what you are talking about.

    Q: You’re pretty good friends with James. Do you guys really do anything in between tournaments, anything that’s extreme? I know Andy likes to go skydiving.
    Mardy Fish: Yeah, we don’t do that.

    Q: Who would win a boxing match between you and Nadal?
    Roger Federer: We’re not physical, the tennis players. We don’t like to touch each other.

    Q: Do you feel relief that playing Agassi is not going to happen?
    Andy Roddick: Obviously you want to play against your idols, but then again you don’t want to be the guy who shot Bambi.

    Q: Can you describe what you felt in the locker room?
    Andy Roddick: Was that before or after you guys knocked down the door to get in?

    Q:
    You look pretty happy.
    Andy Roddick:
    I am happy.
    Q:
    How is it a different way of playing?
    Andy Roddick:
    You guys are the analysts, you tell me.
    Q:
    You’re the player. We like to hear it from the horse’s mouth.
    Andy Roddick:
    That’s all right. Go buy a horse.
    posted by Bravecat @ 10:14 am  
    8 Comments:
    • At 10/09/2006, 10:53, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Midget,

      You mean you're still my friend? :P Obviously my plan didn't work.

       
    • At 10/09/2006, 11:52, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      A banana???

      I totally meant to come over yesterday afternoon but, um, I accidentally slept through lunch. :-D Guess I partied a bit too hard on Friday!

       
    • At 10/09/2006, 14:44, Blogger Sever said…

      You wanted Sharapova to win, yes?

      I woke up today with this thought in my mind - Cat must write a post about it.

      I visited you to be sure.

      Yes, was not mistaken :D

      Uj da uj, lu4she my k vam :-/

       
    • At 11/09/2006, 03:31, Blogger Noors said…

      My cousins were THERE. They watched the ladies finals over THERE.

      I saw their pics today and I envied them SO MUCH. I wish I was there with them!

       
    • At 11/09/2006, 14:19, Blogger Mise said…

      Yes, QC...the press conferences were funny...and the Roddick/Federer match had some brilliant tennis ....I watched the Federer interview on CNN, too...and he seems to be a nice guy...I always use that as a yardstick for future support...If someone's an ass****, or grunts too loudly on the shot, then I shout for the other guy/gal...

      What else? ...Oh, yes... You were right a while ago, I do like tennis ...at least I used to before the serve and volley power game came in ... I preferred to watch the women after that ...

      '...you don’t want to be the guy who shot Bambi.'...lol...

       
    • At 11/09/2006, 17:46, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Marjorie,

      You will have another chance this coming Saturday ;-)

      Sever,

      Of course I wanted Shara to win!

      Noors,

      I have never met you, but I HATE your cousins already! :P

      Mise,

      I watch the cute ones :P

       
    • At 11/09/2006, 23:07, Blogger Sama Oman said…

      I really like Maria Sharapova.
      She is cute and TALL...but i don't watch games that much to know everything about it.

      LOL i loved Q & A.

       
    • At 12/09/2006, 08:46, Blogger Bravecat said…

      LOL Sama you know she's cute and tall, that's already a lot :P

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives