Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    11 July 2007
    Summer scents - updated
    I love perfume. I often nip into department stores just to see what's new in the world of fragrance. And even though I constantly discover something new I like, I rarely change my preferences. I am a devotee of Chanel No5 (cliche, I know, but works!) and Viktor&Rolf's Flower Bomb. But in the heat and humidity of Middle Eastern summer these are the last scents, save, perhaps, Opium and Oud that I would like to wear! I also got a bottle of Estee Lauder's Emerald Dream as a gift, it is fresh and unpretentious and worked for me but it's seeing its last days as there are only few drops left. So I went around once again to look for something summery. And once again I realised I really like D&G's Light Blue! I've liked this perfume for years, but never bought it for some reason. And what do you know? Just as I decided to finally buy it, D&G decide to perk it up with juicy ads!! Just look at any summer Cosmo magazine and you'll see the sexy water drenched babe on a yacht advertising Light Blue for ladies. Within days the perfume flew off the shelves! And that's after it's been available for years! I was not a happy bunny. Luckily for me, duty frees come to the rescue and a visiting friend was happy to oblige! Thanks a ton, and now I have my very own D&G Light Blue :) It's summery and fresh enough not to irritate, and yet it's not bland aqua-cucumber-watermelon-citrus type scent you come across too often in the summer. It's fab, in other words.

    Another gem I came across is Elizabeth Arden's Mediterranean. Now, this is THE perfume! EA finally got it right after all the horror of green doors, red linens, avenue women and provocative teas! Or something like that. Mediterranean definitely is the ultimate summer scent and after I'm done with my Light Blue, I'll go for this deep azure. It actually does smell of the posh Mediterranean summer with it's warm beaches, cocktails, yachts, sun lotions, delicate flowers and that smell of the skin just out of the sea water. Try it, I bet you'll like it.

    Oh and if you're a guy, try D&G Light Blue for men. It's quite new and quite fresh. Well, in men's fragrance department D&G score every time! I guess they just know what makes us girls go WOW! Click on the link I gave for it and see for yourself!

    UPDATE: I might just wait with that Mediterranean. It is awesome, no questions, but I have just discovered Carthusia I Profumi di Capri. Very very impressive. How come I never knew about them? Came home loaded with samples and so far gravitating towards Fiori - flowery, sweet and fresh. And the best part? It's rather rare, so chances are I won't share the office with at least 3 girls wearing the same fragrance. So I'll keep you posted :^)
    posted by Bravecat @ 12:47 pm  
    14 Comments:
    • At 11/07/2007, 17:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      U and your Chanel addiction :-)

       
    • At 11/07/2007, 20:24, Blogger Mise said…

      Since seeing the ad, I've been dabbing on Light Blue, but can't seem to get the body. Must be doing something wrong!?

       
    • At 11/07/2007, 23:38, Blogger ghoweljlsfqwef said…

      If I buy D&G Light Blue for men will you sleep with me?

       
    • At 11/07/2007, 23:52, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Max,

      You should know :^)

      Mise,

      Yes I think you need white speedos and a yacht for the effect!

      Dot,

      No I won't, you weirdo :P :P

       
    • At 12/07/2007, 18:13, Blogger Safa said…

      WOW!! Ur blog is in action again!! What a surprise for me today!!! I'll be visiting then....

       
    • At 12/07/2007, 19:42, Blogger Sever said…

      Oh, Cat, you should understand me.

      Can you imagine, I get headache in 99%.
      I love perfume, but can't use it that often ;(

       
    • At 13/07/2007, 02:32, Blogger Mise said…

      Ahhh! ...mine are blue...

       
    • At 13/07/2007, 23:13, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Safa,

      Yeah I'm back! I'll be catching up on the blogs too so expect a visit sometime soon :^)

      Sever,

      Oh you poor thing.. I can't imagine life without perfume!

      Mise,

      See? White speedos make all the difference :P

       
    • At 14/07/2007, 17:16, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Speaking of perfume, have you seen the movie of the same title; Perfume- story of a murderer? I highly recommend it cuz it's awsome!

       
    • At 14/07/2007, 21:10, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Baj,

      I know the movie you are talking about, and I am definitely getting it on DVD! Thanks for the recommendation, you just confirmed what I thought would be a good movie.

       
    • At 19/07/2007, 02:06, Blogger Sever said…

      The book is better ;)

       
    • At 19/07/2007, 20:55, Blogger El-Gizuli said…

      I've got to thank you for this post. At least I will know which ones to try once I hit the mall. Living in a country where perfumes aren't so much appreciated, transforming me into a scent-challenged individual.

      Merci beaucoup

       
    • At 20/07/2007, 20:53, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Rara avis,

      Welcome to my blog :) I hope you find the perfume you like and I hope my post is at least a little helpful, although of course different people have different taste when it comes to smell :)

       
    • At 24/07/2007, 22:17, Blogger Mattâ„¢ said…

      Hawt.

      I'm gonna go watch that ad again...

      Perfume is a great movie, but an even better book. I read it for a course I took on Vampires, its awesome, I highly recommend it.

      ... And I second the Chanel addiction, I heart Coco.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives