Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    31 January 2006
    Happy New Year!
    Islamic New Year (Hijra) starts today! Happy New 1427, everyone! I looked online for a nice Islamic new yearish picture to post here but couldn't find any. And those that I did find had some messages in beautifully written Arabic that I couldn't even read let alone understand (and I generally wouldn't post something I don't understand, who knows what it says???), so I am image-less. Help welcome!

    On the 29th of January we celebrated Chinese New Year. It's the year of the Dog. As many of you know I was born in the year of the Cat, meow, so lets see what this year has in store for me. I found lots of pictures of dogs online, lol. I still want something that relates to Islamic New Year though.

    My boss came over to my place yesterday for a drink (quite a few drinks, actually). Stayed until almost 1am terrorising A with diving stories and construction accidents stories. This morning this very same boss called me at 7.40 to ask me to bring some AA batteries to work. What work? What batteries? Pain, terrible pain... I can't hold my head up, my eyes can't focus, my legs are full of lead and my stomach is on fire. That's it, time to convert to Islam...

    And by the way, New Year day is the perfect time to start catching up with the promised posts. So watch this space for the tag post coming up shortly!
    posted by Bravecat @ 9:33 am  
    10 Comments:
    • At 31/01/2006, 11:05, Blogger Lost in trance... said…

      happy new day!

       
    • At 31/01/2006, 11:29, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Same to you, Lost&Found!

      :^)

       
    • At 31/01/2006, 13:01, Blogger DareDevil said…

      nice post

       
    • At 31/01/2006, 22:57, Blogger Mattâ„¢ said…

      Love the drinking with the boss !
      Incidently I was born in the year of the tiger, I think... hrm.

       
    • At 01/02/2006, 09:13, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Matt,

      Year of the tiger means you're either 1 year older than me (unlikely), or 11 years younger (about right) :p

      Silence,

      Kalo mina! :^)

      Mimi,

      Let me deal with the backlog first, and maybe I'll find some space for dogs pics! LOL

      =^..^=

       
    • At 01/02/2006, 10:49, Blogger confused arab chick said…

      Happy New Year!!

      although I had no idea, until I read your post- you would think I should know better :P

      I didn't even know when it was when I lived in Doha.. sad, I know. How did you know? There aren't any official celebrations, right?

      Oh well, good luck in this (1427) coming year!!

       
    • At 01/02/2006, 11:19, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Chick,

      Hehe well I have a diary now that shows the Hijri calendar as well as Gregorian, and yesterday, 31 Jan 2006, was also 1 Muharram 1427! So Happy New Year to you too!But people do not celebrate here, I don't know why.

      :^)

       
    • At 01/02/2006, 11:39, Blogger confused arab chick said…

      New Years just isn't that big a deal-

      There are two holidays- Eid I and Eid II :) And people tend to go all out...

      .. but you know all about that, I'm sure.

       
    • At 01/02/2006, 11:44, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Chick,

      New Year is a big deal - to me! I love New Year! Chinese, Islamic, Gregorian - I celebrate all kinds of New Year :^)

      Come to that, I celebrate Eid I and Eid II, and whatever else there is to celebrate. Christmas, Diwali, a few countries' national days, you name it, as long as I know about them. I love holidays!

       
    • At 01/02/2006, 16:25, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Pearl,

      You are most welcome. And welcome to my world!

      :^)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives