Who am I?
Realistically idealistic daydreamer, seasoned procrastinator, atheist and monarchist with a secret agenda and a slight inclination towards voodoo practices.
My other stuff
  • QATAR BLAH BLAH
  • ExpatWoman
  • Facebook
  • Virtual Tourist
  • I Read
    Tennis
    9 June 2006
    Roland Garros - Finals!

    UPDATE!

    ATP:

    The fans' dreams came true as top seeds are ready to fight once more. Will Federer find a way to beat Nadal? Will Nadal extend his winning streak on clay to a whopping 60? Sunday will show.

    WTA:

    Kuznetsova and Henin-Hardenne getting ready for tomorrow. Who will get the trophy? My money is on the Belgian, but my hopes are with the Russian!


    Quarters and Semis:

    ATP:

    1. Federer (SUI) vs. Ancic (CRO)
    2. Nalbandian (ARG) vs. Davydenko (RUS)
    3. Benneteau (FRA) vs. Ljubicic (CRO)
    4. Djokovic (SCG) vs. Nadal (ESP)

    WTA:

    1. Vaidisova (CZE) vs. Williams (USA)
    2. Safina (RUS) vs. Kuznetsova (RUS)
    3. Henin-Hardenne (BEL) vs. Groenefeld (GER)
    4. Hingis (SUI) vs. Clijsters (BEL)

    On the men’s side (ATP), of course Federer, Nadal, Ljubicic and Nalbandian are strong favourites. I root for Nadal, Davydenko, Benneteau and Ancic, though. I think that the favourites will all make it to the semifinals. Sigh.

    On the girls’ side (WTA), the hot favourites are Williams, Kuznetsova, Hardenne and Clijsters. I hope that Safina, Hingis, Groenefeld and Vaidisova win instead! Actually, I think that Vaidisova and Safina are very likely to get through to the semis, but Hardenne and Clijsters are the most likely winners of the other two matches.

    Lets wait and see!

    I am sure you are all looking forward to the next update, which will have the list of the semifinalists :P

    UPDATE 1 (WTA):

    The girls' quarterfinals are over, and here are the semifinalists:

    Vaidisova, Kuznetsova, Hardenne and Clijsters. Hardenne and Clijsters came as no surprise, Kuznetsova was also a favourite, but Vaidisova pulled off a spectacular upset! Well done!

    Update 2 (ATP):

    Federer and Nalbandian in the semis. Yawn. The good thing is that they will play each other in the semis, hehe. So one of them is SO not going to be in the final! I do want Federer to win, so that he could play Nadal (should Nadal get through to the semis, and then to the final). The other two semifinalists will be decided to day, and I hope it's Nadal and Benneteau!

    Update 3 (ATP):

    It's been a while since the top four seeds all got through to the semis at Roland Garros. And so the remaining semifinal places go to... Nadal and Ljubicic. Predictable.

    posted by Bravecat @ 11:10 pm  
    20 Comments:
    • At 06/06/2006, 18:00, Blogger ahmed said…

      ATP: Nadal rocks

      WTA: GO GO GO HINGIS :D

       
    • At 06/06/2006, 18:49, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Yeah, Hingis is going. Home.
      She lost today in the quarters, check the update.

       
    • At 07/06/2006, 01:32, Blogger frogman said…

      i've been watching all these matches just because i love the sport.. and now your posts are giving meaning to my watching lol.. merci QC

       
    • At 07/06/2006, 09:14, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Froggles,

      Yay! I've got a reader! I knew there had to be a reason why I like you (beside the ability to make a chocolate cake), but here is the concrete proof why I should - you are a fellow tennis fan! :D

       
    • At 07/06/2006, 15:57, Blogger Nash said…

      I lost my tennis appetite as soon as Sharapova walked off the court!

       
    • At 07/06/2006, 18:37, Blogger Sever said…

      Safina - Kuznetsova

      Very nice! :)

      I stoped to study Modern Russian & prilipla to TV... heheh :)

      What happened to me?

      That was great!
      Psyhology... Kuznetsova is more strong as a person.
      Safina is too emotional, may be more interesting.
      Very nice, very cold... without emotions, always using mistakes of her enimy :P

      I want so too! :)

       
    • At 08/06/2006, 13:11, Blogger Unknown said…

      While I'm a big blurry when it comes to tennis, I would say it is fun right?

      Come on, life is what you make it. Jz chill yourself and eventually fun things will come to you. Learn how to play an instrument. It helps

       
    • At 08/06/2006, 13:24, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Nash,

      Yes, true.. The tournament is not the same without the "Squeal", lol. But have you seen Vaidisova? And she's still fighting!

      Sever,

      Aha I agree... They are such warriors, both of them. Sad that one had to lose.

      Drima,

      Tennis COULD be fun, sometimes. Oh and by the way, I play a couple of instruments, it does help. Life is what I make of it, but I haven't been on holidays for an awfully long time...

       
    • At 09/06/2006, 16:09, Blogger Nash said…

      Looks like Kuznetsova is going to be our new French open Champ.

      As for the men, I have no doubts its Federer

       
    • At 09/06/2006, 17:34, Blogger U.E. said…

      Favorite spelled with a 'u', names I can't pronounce, semi-quarter-seed talk. All quite unintelligible. But I read it so there. :P

      Back reading and catching up will just have to wait. I've got a long long long month ahead of me. LOL

       
    • At 09/06/2006, 21:45, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Nash,

      My money is on Henin and Nadal. I hope Kuznetsova wins though. Federer, you say? Lets see, shall we? :p

      UE,

      Favourite IS spelled with a "u", FYI :P As for back reading - you don't really have to, unless you want to impress me.

      :^)

       
    • At 10/06/2006, 03:14, Blogger Matt™ said…

      I don't understand a word of the last three posts. I don't watch tennis, but these posts make me want to !

      Is ANYONE watching soccer (football) ?

       
    • At 10/06/2006, 18:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Tennis?? Who cares?
      Think the Oilers will be able to come back and win the Cup?
      World Cup, GO Hrvatska!!!!

       
    • At 10/06/2006, 22:08, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Mattie,

      You should watch tennis! Who cares about the World Cup? Well ok actually I do care about the World Cup, but not to the point of actually watching it. Blah... And Canada isn't even in it, so why watch it?

      I know very well who,

      Hehe well I root for Brazil in that group. A Croat just lost to Nadal in French Open, by the way. And as I have already told Mattie - Canada isn't even in the World Cup, and football is no hockey, so why do you follow it? :p

       
    • At 10/06/2006, 23:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      :)

      QC.. Thank U.. If it was not for you I wouldnt have known the happenings in the World of Tennis....Sooooo Gooo Nadal.... :)

       
    • At 11/06/2006, 11:08, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      QC, maybe you should come to Malaysia for holiday. I'll be glad to show you around LOL

       
    • At 11/06/2006, 11:44, Blogger Matt™ said…

      QC, yes, but does Canada have any world-famous tennis players either ?

      We're peacemakers and maple-tree sap-suckers. When it comes to world athletics, I'm used to rooting for another country's team.

       
    • At 11/06/2006, 11:46, Blogger Nash said…

      QC,

      Well, I lost there. It was a swift victory for Justin. She still got a lot of tennis in her..

      OK, I am gonna put my money on Federer, I just seem to like the guy...

       
    • At 11/06/2006, 14:19, Blogger Bravecat said…

      Jagu,

      Thanks :p At least you know who to root for now!

      Drima,

      Thanks! Yeah I am thinking about it! I am already invited by KuE :^)

      Mattie,

      No, no tennis players in the top 100 for Canada :p Then again, my country/ies don't have much to boast about either. I just root for the ones I like! Now, do you have a world famous football team? :p

      Nash,

      Next time lucky ;-) My money and hopes with Nadal. We will know in few hours!

       
    • At 07/03/2007, 00:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Excellent, love it! » »

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    Meet Me

    Name: Bravecat
    Home: Island of Love, Cyprus
    My profile
    Previous Posts
    Archives